LinkedIn for Law Firms
Staxton Digital LinkedIn for Law Firms Service(2)We offer a range of LinkedIn workshops to help you achieve the results you’re after. Not sure what you need, or what it costs? We can explain what workshop is right for you and tell you more about our fees. Get in touch below.
1-2-1 LinkedIn Coaching
Sometimes we need a little bit of TLC or confidence boost when it comes to LinkedIn, in digital things change very fast. We help to coach you on your LinkedIn presence, understanding key areas and functionality to help improve and develop your profile. Our coaching sessions are 90min either face to face or via Zoom.
Group LinkedIn Coaching
By getting the team together we can assess your overall LinkedIn presence. We begin with a Social Media audit to help us understand how and who is active on LinkedIn. This is not a finger-pointing exercise, but to understand why and what your teams are doing. These sessions can be aimed across three areas
This is aimed at people who regularly use LinkedIn but want to take it to the next level. Learning about the additional features and 3rd party tools
The team learned a great deal from Rich's LinkedIn coaching session. From understanding the basics through to advanced features most of us were not aware of. The session was thought-provoking and engaging. I would highly recommend Rich to coach your team on the key aspects of LinkedIn and how to get the most benefit from it.
Andy Lewis - Managed Service Sales Manager - Atlas Cloud - June 2021
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a professional social media network. Originally set up as a recruitment website, it very quickly evolved into one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. From promoting your business through to recruitment and events, you have access to millions of connections to engage with.
How can law firms use LinkedIn?
There is a number of ways a law firm can use LinkedIn, these are 5 key areas:
- Promoting your personal brand to build referrals
- Share and promote content around your specific legal area
- Build a network of professional referrals
- Demonstrate knowledge and credibility by commenting on other connections posts
- Recruit direct with trainees looking for a role in the legal sector
How long should I spend on LinkedIn?
No more than is necessary, you can very quickly get sucked into LinkedIn and spend hours going through everyone’s posts. If you are new to LinkedIn, spend a maximum of 15 minutes per week and increase this over time. In 5 minutes you can do the following:
- Respond to an urgent action
- Send a connection invite
- Like or comment on a post
- Share a post
How do I improve my LinkedIn Profile?
On your profile page, there is a progress bar that takes you through the steps to get you up to a 5 Star Profile. This takes less than 10 minutes to do and will have a big impact on your profile once completed. Here are 5 tips to improve your profile:
- Have a GREAT profile photo – you should be able to find this on your law firm website.
- Create a LinkedIn banner image, this sits behind your profile photo. If you don’t have one just ask us and we will provide one free of charge.
- Contact details – If you want your connections to contact you, make it as easy as possible. Include links to your law firm website, email address, and office phone number.
- Summary – Prospective clients want to know about you, make sure you include a clear summary with bullet points around what legal services you offer. Don’t bunch up all the text as this can be hard to read on a mobile.
- Job Title – Don’t put ‘Partner’ or ‘Director’. Instead, put how you help your clients. For example, if you are an employment lawyer explain how you help those types of clients. Avoid any of the mystic job tiles for example ‘Creator of Business and Marketing’